Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Letter Template on "Starting It Right"

Dear Georgia,


I know your name because I saw it on your tag when you came over to take my order for a Strawberry Margarita. You asked if I would like it “Frozen?” and I kept silent. I paused because for those few seconds, it seemed as if you were describing my current state of mind. “Yes, frozen please” came my reply. I drank and I felt so cold in that dark space with people dancing and screaming, “Happy New Year!”

My fingers were like icicles set upon the steering wheel as I was driving home. Then, I saw the moon. It was the roundest that I’ve ever seen and it was so bright. Its brightness set against the black sky made the shadows within well defined. I’ve not made any New Year resolutions but something in the brightness of the moon made me decide that I was going to start my year right.

Love,
Matthew

No comments: