Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Monday, January 11, 2010

Letter Template on "Recoveries"

Dear Bed Sheet,



To your question on my inversed biological clock, I admit that I’m afraid to turn the lights off to go to bed. I’m more afraid that in the darkness I would not be sleeping but would instead be trying hard to fall asleep. With the lamp turned on and the music playing, I have companionship. I can pick up the papers or a book anytime to distract myself. My days feel as though I’m on a horse and all I want to do is to continue galloping with my horse through the fields in such a speed that every colour becomes a white. I need a tight reign on myself so that I wouldn’t slip off the horse because I wouldn’t know where I would fall.

I flick the table lamp off only when I am completely worn out, when the horse reaches a point where she can no longer move an inch. Only then in my drugged out fatigue can I climb to bed. When I wake the following morning, I immediately continue my horse riding adventures so that thinking becomes impossible with everything flashing by. Eventually, I would return some time to myself and that is when I can go to bed earlier with the lights switched off. Then, I’d be able to confront everything with a smile and have a good night’s rest.


Love,
Owner

No comments: