Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Power of Words

In the thick of data analysis, here's what one of my respondents said when asked about his life in the halfway house:

"We wake at 630, then 7 we do our own bible study. Then breakfast and then have chapel for worship. Then we do our own duties until 430. And at 430, we'll exercise. Then 730, bible study again, then sleep or do our own things."

In trudging along, I don't think our lives are entirely far flung or different. There's rest to the bones, waking to new mornings, and a whole lot (or lack of ) activity in between.

I remember some time last year I championed for a Sociology of So What? So what do we make of all these knowledge? So what do we make of being anti-establishments when we end up cogs in the machine? So what do I make of his life, summarized into 10 pages of transcript of Times New Roman Font12?

I guess the least I could do is to write something that could effect some change.

1 comment:

Jaky Astik said...

What a wonderful blog you have! Really interesting read.