Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fri night eating Sat morning

Tonight is one of the nights when I desperately lack words and I am searching for quotes, lines from poetry or prose to back my inability to express myself. I can’t find anything that replicates how I feel or I don’t know how I feel to find a replication.

I am not distressed but I am not at peace. I am guessing that is how I feel, is there an adjective for that? On New Year’s Day and on the second day of this grand year, I visited a nursing home. I think that is what unsettles me but I am not sure too because I have not been thinking about the visits or have I been trying not to think about them. There, there were whirlpools of thoughts and emotions going through my head and heart. Here, I have no idea what my thoughts are and there is no pinning them down to words.

I guess that is a good thing too because sometimes I feel ashamed that everything different, everything sorrowful is so easily transformed into a potential writing topic, almost like an instant desensitization.
--------
The Avett Brothers-November Blue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5IxRM4kiAQ

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZQ is mean. u forgot my blog. I hate u. :(

I shall go into depression for the rest of the school holiday and binge on ice cream to show my upsetness!

oh well anyway, i put the url with the nickname thing. Donno if it works. if it doesnt i'll tell u online k?

AND NO AGING AND KINSHIP! DEVIANCE AND 3101!!!! Refusal to conformity shall lead to heartbreak and despair!

Anonymous said...

anyway, i guess its kinda hard to find the right words sometimes. At times like that, i like to sit in the rain or watch the sun go by. Strangely, it makes me feel better. OH BTW! I WANTED TO SHOW U THESE LYRICS FOR A LONG TIME! but since u lost my blog add (which i havent forgiven u for) i am gonna paste it here!oooo favourite song of the moment!

Suede- beautiful ones
"High on diesel and gasoline, psycho for drum machine
shaking their bits to the hits,
Drag acts, drug acts, suicides, in your dad¹s suits you hide
staining his name again,
Cracked up, stacked up, 22, psycho for sex and glue
lost it to Bostik, yeah,
Shaved heads, rave heads, on the pill, got too much time to kill
get into bands and gangs, Oh, here they come, the beautiful ones, the beautiful ones loved up, Doved up, hung around, stoned in a lonely town
shaking their meat to the beat"

Anonymous said...

woot, love writes a letter and sends it to hate

Anonymous said...

Oh hey zq, i cant find where are the soci requirements! HELP!!!

Rubber Dust said...

woots, my vacation's ending i'm coming home late. the weather was fine and the ocean was great.
i couldnt find it on youtube.: (


i dont like the lyrics. so angsty! looks like the crazy kind of songs YOU'd like though. send me ur url on msn when u do come online at less ungodly hours..not doing ageing! i was just thinking about it..so u're only doing 2 soci mods?? WHY? as for soci requirements, we gotta do 7 level 2 including 2101. i'm not sure how many level 3 though.

Anonymous said...

I am only taking 2 mods cause i want to clear my 2000 and take 3101 before i embark on any other 3000 modules. :( i have a fear of big numbers!!!

anyway! i hate u la, u are right about the song wonderwall.. its about falling for a bad girl :(

Sigh.

Still gonna use it at my wedding anyways.

Rubber Dust said...

"And all the roads that lead to you were winding"--->and hence, falling for a bad girl?

anyway, i think people play happier songs during weddings.

okay, joshua, i've recommended you a book that's written for you after all your experiences with bad girls..i'm reading the sequel now: )MUAHAHA.aiyah, go read it, it is not just about pahtuo-ing!

Anonymous said...

:) nono the bad girl part is "Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now"

thats like some tramp that no one wants and it hink is my wonderwall!!! omg whats wrong with me :(

Hello kitty where are you :(