Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Walking on Water

Sometime ago, maybe a year ago or maybe two, I read a friend’s blog. She was a young Christian then and she posted biblical verses, she spoke of how God is her everything, and as I scrolled up and down, I remembered thinking these thoughts: how malleable her mind is, how she has allowed herself be drawn into a current of emotions, how mentally weak she was such that she needed an illusion to hold on dearly to.

Now, a year or maybe two later, there are times when a verse speaks to me, or when I see how God is working His way in my life, little happenings which I would regard as pure coincidences in the past that I want to document here in this virtual space but I am always hesitant. There is a fear that people reading this would come to think of me as a changed person, suddenly spiritual, having such a “malleable mind”, and such uneasiness turns into inhibitions.

In fact, I sense many changes in my life, subtle but significant, how I go to sleep in prayer and wake up seeking Him, how He has become such a constant presence; it is like having someone there I can communicate with all the time. It is amazingly frightening, when I think about it sometimes, how my perception on things has changed within such a short span of time.

And I am writing this now, well aware that there would be another someone like me, reading this, having those same thoughts I had then. But still, I want to document moments like now, when I listen to this song and “where would I be without You here in my life” resonates with me. As I witness the transformation within myself, moving from a skeptic to a believer, I realize that my fear of writing such “spiritual stuff” comes not so much from being weary of the judgments of others, but from a fear that I would not be able to prove God’s greatness and that my writing can do little to convince others. I sigh as I type this line, because there really is a limit to these words, these black alphabets on this white screen and I truly feel that it is only through personal experience that can one feel His tangible presence. All we need is an opening of the heart.

10 comments:

Wayne Choong said...

These must be the best "black alphabets on this white screen" that i've seen in a looong time...

i think u've expressed "it" better than u know...You articulate what i too feel...

"...All we need is an opening of the heart."

Anonymous said...

wah nice entry ley.. suddenly i rmd someone asking me this "have you ever been touched by god before?"

Anonymous said...

:)

Daryl

r FLY said...

dear zq
God has given u an amazing gift of communicating your inner world sincerely and beautifully. im so glad u are using it to honour n please Him.

your honesty here resonates in me. thank you for this. :)

love,
rachel

Rubber Dust said...

thank you... for reading this : )

Anonymous said...

It is good, it is good, that God has entered your life, or should i say, you have found Him, for He is always there. Have faith in Him always and remember Him in whatever you do, do not for even a split second be away His glory.

When you find yourself separated from Him, remember that it is your own thinking and self which is in the way between. God will never forsake you so drop all these away, and naturally you will notice His presence more and more gradually be able to bask fully in His full glory. May the Lord always be with you.

Do not be afraid to tell what u feel, experience and know to be true because such truths exceed that which can be taught, passed down from custom, tradition, elders or sages. That Truth which comes from our own experience is the only Truth which we can truly proclaim to be true. May you be well and happy always.

tsl said...

i think that's really amazing. :)

elevenztwelve@gmail.com said...

Hey Zhiqi,

popped by your blog and just wanna say HELLO :)

Enjoy your semester!

Rubber Dust said...

oh HEY BRENDA, hellllooo! heard from YY that you're working at MCYS?: ))how's work coming along?? do u miss those thick coursepacks?;)

elevenztwelve@gmail.com said...

Hey!
Yea sad to say, I've been recruited into the army of workers :(
But work's still good so far cuz I'm still on orientation. I'm at the Probation Services Branch in MCYS :)

And yes! I miss school! (Not so much of the course packs though..hehe..I miss lectures and tutorials more!)

Take care! :))