Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Saturday, June 9, 2007

-

I am stuck whenever friends ask me, "So, how was your trip?" It is difficult to find a fitting description, so most of the time I reply, "Extremely impactful", realizing that these two words do injustice to the amazingly powerful experience. And I struggle hard to find the right words to verbalize moments so that they can feel a fraction of how I did.

I remember WC telling me to blog more about the trip and include some real description, but I am too aware of the problems of representation and not being able to fully encapsulate my wonderful fifteen days refrains me from writing about it.
Perhaps, pictures will do a better job. Here is a slideshow of some 60 odd photos selected from a collection of 3000 photos the photographer of the trip took: http://family.webshots.com/slideshow/559362455QQFffJ

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i like e photos! =)they're very well taken..

Anonymous said...

OH hey i've the same problem too. I guess the beauty of the trip lies in experiences not easily put into words. I say we give people a mundane answer and dream about the wonderful things that happen!

Rubber Dust said...

yeah, i've never seen it in that light. thanks for sharing: )

Anonymous said...

oh btw thats me -Joshua