Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Monday, November 2, 2009

The Sky isn't Falling Down

Winter has arrived. It has been pouring daily and they’ve started playing Christmas carols in the forum. There’s a chill in the air, fog on the bus windows and if I’m tired enough and closed my eyes long enough, I might forget that I’m in Singapore. I have decided that I must be a Barista before I start working ‘for real’ and I realized that I have internalized societal norms and expectations that making good coffee isn’t a proper job. It is a job nonetheless, but only something that I could pass time with before drifting to bigger, greater things. I wonder what bigger and greater things could possibly refer to. Not many things can bring me more joy than a good cup of Frappe and a slice of carrot cake.

No comments: