Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Monday, September 14, 2009

Some post that lacks a title

My secret desire is to spend my afternoons and nights in the library pouring through books with interesting titles, such as Surrealism, or reading stuff I don't even think about: The History of Glass Making. I always tell myself I would get down to borrowing cool stuff one day when I'm free and not writing a paper but I guess when I'm not writing a paper,it always seems that there are a lot of other stuff crying for my attention.

I wonder if life would be easier if I lived in a kampung climbing trees, killing chickens and having less choices in life: no MSN to commit to, no faithful checking of Facebook, small circle of friends I would risk my life for, a wholesome boy from across the street to marry because he would sweep me off my feet on his bicycle, stars to gaze at every night....No decisions to be made simply because there is no choice or easy deicions to make for the lack of choice. Then again, that is impossible because I would come to miss the lifestyle of a multitude of choices eventually, having been exposed to it.

Sigh. There is something adventurous and even romantic in this stage of life-- at the threshold of leaving school and pursuing passions or being a cog in the machine.

7 comments:

Alvin Low said...

Think there are still about 2 more kampongs left in Singapore.. Well you can choose either one. Hee~~

Mei Ling said...

aww zhiqi.. wholesome boy from across the street. :)

Now that i have been visiting the library more often ( for reference books on electroanalytical chem -_-'') i can totally understand how it feels drop the book you are suppose to read for another that you would rather read. ( For me it was, A critique on Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution)

Shall we set a date to grab books that we want to read.. after exams? :D

Rubber Dust said...

electroanalytical chem?!!

gah fam you'll never believe what happenned today....i lost a paper i completed: ( i'm rewriting it now: (

Quotes to live by said...

update now.

I want to read something new.

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

I just want too take some time too Thank all the people for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm newbie here, I hope to get friends at this forum