Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Living/Surviving

Sometimes I feel as if I'm accountable to this space because there are thoughts which deserve to be preserved. Yet, whenver I open this page, it always feels like there is nothing really worthy enough to be written.

I am now back to going to bed in the wee hours of the morning, not doing the stuff that ought to be done, not packing my life neatly into organized boxes of time. Reading a colleague's CV made me realize that these documents are such rude awakenings to the mundaneness of life. What could one include in the list of "Special Skills/Achievements"? "Knack for understanding people"

or "Work Experience"? "Brewed coffee at Starbucks"?

"Interests"? "Loves discovering novelty in familarity"

It makes afternoons of meeting old pals and nights spent looking at the stars seem quite silly. Then again, silly is as silly decides.

No comments: