Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

trains and trees

I journeyed to a foreign part of Singapore, saw the crowd on the other part of the island, took the Circle Line home for the first time today. I love all the times I spend travelling on the train, it is always such precious alone time. All the way home, I felt jittery. But I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t at ease and I scrolled through my messages wondering if it is because Sarah is going to be gone soon and that would mean dealing without a pillar in my life for half a year. I feel a certain sense of loss but I can’t quite place my finger on it. Sarah’s only gone in a month’s time and it’s too early to be feeling this way. Walking home with night-scent wind on my face, I realized circumstances and situations have made me a little steadier even when leaves and branches shake.

3 comments:

Mei Ling said...

Zhi i am coming home soon! :)

And We can take circle line to school together! :)

Rubber Dust said...

woots when exactly? july or august? oh circle line doesnt go to school yet, it's just a few stations around serangoon area.

but anyway, hurray hurray, let's go sailing when you're back!

Mei Ling said...

HUH so sad. Doesnt go to school.

Should be July 15 th :)

yes sailing! With ah guan and mk!