Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Daily Bread

I found a card from MK clasped in one of my half-read books and it ends off with “May you find your Daily Bread in 2009”… And I stared at that line for so long because it had a chilling effect with the realization that the year is half gone. What have I learnt this year?

I realized I am so silly. I am as susceptible to the perils of love as anyone else can be, am as tormented by it as everyone else is when I have always thought that I was immune to it. That’s just me thinking I am special and unlike the ‘usual girl’ when I am really the usual girl, experiencing the same emotions, the same tears, the same joy and the same hurt.

And then I realized it can be so easy to pull oneself away from the turbulences of life. There are so many things to do. It’s just a matter of priorities and rearranging of one’s schedule, finding one’s Daily Bread in everyday life.

1 comment:

MEILING said...

whoa what a confession here, i can see your bones.