Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Suddenly I See

When you are happy, everything becomes brighter and bigger. They do become, they don't just appear.

I feel at ease with the world, I wanted to write that down last night but I was so tired, I fell asleep after a Kit Kat. I'm seeing it, finally, and this feeling of liberation is sweet.

It is good that our thoughts are always in line with our mood. Colourful images of kite-flying, bountiful bubbles, laughter. The air smells sunny today. I am filled with a sense of limitless boundaries, that one can do possibly anything at all. You know those rooms with a sea of colourful plastic balls, the ikea one, I always thought wouldn't it be great if it could be filled with the things we love, a sea of ice cream scoops, a sea of longans, anything. If I could, I would do a thousand cartwheels around the house right now.

Cyril Wong has a collection of poems titled "Tilting our plates to catch the light". I guess that's what it possibly boils down to, a constant and continuous adjustment and re-adjustment, till we see that life is a strange, beautiful magic.

No comments: