Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Wake


Flush in the early morning Five
My icicle fingers
Square cold tiles enter through my toes
Rest at my shoulders
Startles me

I know nowhere to place my limbs
Not the table floor or sink
The line went dead
I suck the lime
Fling it out of the window
Where the world sleeps
And I am awake

The chair creeks
The clock ticks
I splash water on its face
Like Lovers often play
Hands defiantly dance
The phone went dead
On an early morning Five

And then, I blink my eyes
The clock says Six.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha six is such a painful time.hang in there,it'll get better after all your projs are done.gogogo!:) -ml

Anonymous said...

You are always on my mind
Whatever you do, i'm so mesmerized by you
If only you know how i feel
If only you feel the same way too
Gone is the pillar that i lean on
And gone is the person you once called dear
Things will never be similar
Like how rings don't fit wrong fingers

It is time for me to pass through
For time to go on faster
I cannot understand how easy you have been
And also how it seems as though you don't care
If only you can forget
But all ifs are ifs
And ifs never really get fulfilled

Who am i to remind you
But only someone you are comfortable with
Perhaps nobody much to you
A green horn you can call me
For i know not much of the procedures
Shoot me for i am a poor student

Waiting is what i have been doing
And a little time you asked for
Which i gave to you
Perhaps it was too little
So you had me killed

Three is the number of replies
A little too little for my preference
But who am i to ask for more
Only friends can tell me so

I am no more important
Than the times you see him
And you don't want to care

Who are we but strangers on a road
With nothing in between

Except him ...

-A Friend

Rubber Dust said...

hey ml: ) i just got back from the meeting at NAFA. guess what? we found out our living conditions today and it is unbelievable! haha, i'll tell u on sat.

Rubber Dust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.