Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Monday, October 12, 2009

Black Widow

2am mornings are made complete with one of life's best creations: ice cream. Life is full of wonderful surprises! I read this passage from one of the books I saw at an art exhibit and I love it:

"Seeing comes before words. The child looks and recognizes before it can speak. But there is also another sense in which seeing comes before words.

It is seeing which establishes our place in the surrounding world; we explain that world with words but words can never undo the fact that we are surrounded by it.

The relation between what we see and what we know is never settled."

It reads like a puzzle and it took me a few reads before I got it.

I wish I could document here the crazy and outrageous thing I've done but sadly, I didn't do anything that comes close to crazy. Something has gotten over me and I feel like I want to be a Deviant. Another quote I picked up somewhere: "If you can't solve a problem, it means you're playing by the rules"....And it makes me want to get into some kind of trouble, not for the fun of it but because it'd be a refreshing change from sterility.

2 comments:

Victor said...

oh dear. someone wants to experiment being a black widow.

my my. don't come near me or i might just fall in love with you.

Rubber Dust said...

haha, you know me, i dont believe in playing mind games so black widow is too emotionally wrecking for me to keep up with... it's just the title of this post for the lack of a better one. : )