Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Friday, December 12, 2008

"All I'm asking for"

Why are people always planning important things to do?

Because everyday is a rush against ticking hands, because we can never find enough time to do things that don’t make it up that list, because it frustrates me so, I’ve worked out my list of little self-indulgent things to do:

1. Visit Ikea to smell their Wood air, settle my food cravings, jostle with the Christmas crowd and be bowled over by their décor.

2. Sit in Starbucks for a whole afternoon reading a good book with a cup of Green Tea Frappuccino.

3. Watch some really heart-wrenching romance films like (under Meiling’s recommendation) “A Walk to Remember”, or other classics like “Forrest Gump”, “I am Sam” with Vinegar chips and girlfriends sobbing the night away.

4. Plus a few feel good movies to heal the soul. Perhaps “Mrs. Doubtfire”. Or “Love Actually”, which never bores me, no matter how many times I’ve watched it.

5. Find a new café/hangout area to visit, one for the day, one for the night. Somewhere rustic but not romanticized, quirky but not commercialized.

6. Cycle in East Coast Park on a midweek evening taking in the orange sky. Followed by a good sea-breezed dinner.

7. Go to the Sunday flea market where they lay mats and sell old junk/treasure. (Where’s that? Around Bugis/Farrer Park area? Does anyone know?)

8. Organize photos, develop album-worthy ones, and create something gorgeous. [ I know I’m not going to do it, just writing it down to feel accomplished, thinking about it sounds like too much hassle already: ) ]

9. Have a good conversation over good dessert (anything will do), a conversation so good it makes time irrelevant.

10. Roll down a hill, frolic on soft green carpeted grass, picnic with Sparkling Apple juice, big red Cherries, Ham ‘n’ Cheese sandwich toasted, wind in hair, sun on face.

11. Bake a humongous fantastically delicious cake to share with all my friends. I’m thinking of something spongy with lemon icing all over. [ Of course I need an equally fantastic friend to teach: ) ]

12. Fall asleep with drugged out fatigue, and immense satisfaction.

I guess I could come up with a thousand more items, but I feel so excited typing this, I can’t gather my thoughts now. Happy Holidays.

5 comments:

MEILING said...

i thought you said 'good seafood dinner', not seabreezed.
that would be the greatest christmas miracle.

btw the bugis flea market's open on weekdays too i think.b

Anonymous said...

13. Study. - and says gah gah gah -guan

Anonymous said...

The Original Hugger Says:

I Chope No 7,9 and 10

Anonymous said...

The Original Hugger Says:

Oh I actually meant no 11
But erm, U meant BROWNIES and not CAKE rite? RITE RITE RITE?
OF course i'm right. Who would ever choose cake over brownies?

Btw, 10 is fine too, cause u know, pandas do that all the time. I want to grow up into a panda. They spend 75% of their time eating and the rest rolling around and sleeping. OOOO its great to be a panda.

Did I mentioned that they evolutionarily got chosen for being cute? You know, round face for biting bamboos and all? One for the panda!

Rubber Dust said...

you're crazy...what's your obsession with pandas? why would anyone like pandas of all the animals in the world!?