Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On Writing

If prostitution is selling your body, is writing akin to selling your soul?

Cyril Wong said, "How far in(to yourself) do you want to go?" I wonder if people can construct fake experiences and write them so well,- they become relatable. This is written for an assignment for a poetry workshop:

My White Flag



I am victorious, I declare.
The sun shines and your presence lingers,
a black shadow that grows
longer as the day extends.

Your multitude of shadows
strain and strip
my heart.

Even in the dim moonlight,
they reign on.
In this war of mind games,
I versus I,
I surrender.

4 comments:

MEILING said...

I like

"stain and strip
my heart"

"I versus I"

there's a lyrical tang to these lines:)

Anonymous said...

The Original Hugger says:

DAMN IT I HAVE BEEN PROSTITUTING MYSELF!

I knew something was morally corrupt with me. I HATE U ZQ FOR NAMING IT OUT!

Rubber Dust said...

eh so what mods are u doing??? other than your 4k HUMAN RIGHTS mod? havent seen u around at all!

are u doing race? *faints (bimbo manner)* it's a MUST-MUST-MUST-DO.

Anonymous said...

The original hugger says:

I am taking human rights and ritual, performance and symbolic acts for soci. It sucks. I was taking religion but i had to drop it.

I will be at cambodia though! but i doubt u will care about me. YOU ARE EVILS!

I BITE U!