Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Sunday, November 4, 2007

humming and humming


Weekends are defined by Class 95, “soft rock”, “all 90s”, “Y2K”. A neighbour is having a barbeque dinner and the evening smells of smoke, like the last night in Laos.

At Cedele, I hated it whenever someone orders a Meringue pie. Not that cutting it was difficult or that I had to run the knife under hot water longer so that the cut would be smooth. But that a slice of it crumbled the meringue and it gave it such an unflattering flatness.
I’m sitting here listening to the radio’s recycled songs and staring at my calendar. I am in need of some boost, like the shot you add in Espressos, the fragrance of Himalayan tea that stings your ears, a good dinner that leaves you too sleepy for anything else.

"If you wake up at a different time and in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"-Norton, Fight Club

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I woke up at a different time or a different place............I might have sleepwalked and stumbled into a portal that takes me to a different dimension...wld dat mean that I'm the same person....but in a different place?
What difference does it make?

Anonymous said...

Joshua the original hugger says:

I wanna watch stardust!!!!