Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Great Good things to do

I realised I haven't walked passed the Esplanade Concourse in a long time and admist being clueless to the visual arts on display there for the past few months, there's the ongoing film festival, the upocoming Singapore Arts Festival, and so many things/places/events/happenings to check out! Singapore ain't that small or that boring, really. I just found out today that they serve breakfast at Mount Faber on weekends--$2.50 kaya toast and free-flow coffee with the cityscape in sight. Could this be Oldenburg's idea of a Great Good Place? I'm gonna go check that place out! Why do I buy into PAP's economic pragmatism and study for my papers? Okay, no, I enjoy what I'm studying. But I really want to catch Revolutionary Road and the countless films that's passing me by...

---------

What did you learn?

Kate Winslet: "Not to overplan. You can think as much as you like, but on set you really need to be willing to let everything change. That's what I took home from Sam as a director: that it's okay to be scared, and not to feel you have to come to work and know all the answers, and it's okay to admit I'm failing, I'm drowning. Save me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mount faber got such good deals?! - guan

Anonymous said...

Hey I just watched Revolutionary Road. It's really good, you shld go watch it if u have the time (in the midst of mugging...haha)

Daryl Chan

Rubber Dust said...

DARYL! YES! WOW you have such great good taste lol! It'll be the first film i'm gonna check out right after the exams. haha aren't you in the midst of mugging too??? What soci papers are you taking?