Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Centrepoint

The last week of June is here and this realization made me panic a little because it is alarming that half a year is over, just like that. There are little events documenting the turn of the year that I remember vividly: the Christmas candlelight service, filling up the Goals Card on a cab ride somewhere. I’ve come to dislike expressions such as, “It feels like yesterday”, “Time sure flies” because it makes me feel that I’ve been caught off guard once more, no matter how many weeks, months, half years I’ve been through, there is a perpetual re-surprise year after year about how time speeds by us.

As with the start and end of the year, the midpoint like Wayne suggested, marks a time of reflection. My handwriting on my Goals Card is neat and small, as though the neater it is, the higher the chances of reaching those New Year resolutions. There are some I’ve attained, most I’ve not, others I’ve become oblivious to. All of which I felt were realistic, doable and attainable when I filled the card.

With June slipping away, there leaves one and a half more months before a brand new academic year begins. I’m liking the way this vacation is rolling by, the travelling, the camp, BS, fruitful explorations, like today catching an assortment of films from morning to night and getting excited talking about them thereafter.

The funniest resolution I’ve made comes under “Leisure” which says “More time for Sports, Vacation, Hobbies, Sleep & Rest” where I’ve simply written: SLEEP EARLIER. A goal that I’ve neglected because I’ve completely forgotten that it was even made! And I sit here, the clock hands spell 5:30am, reading my notebook of sermon notes from last November all the way till now (something the hecticness of the semester would forbid), thinking that soon enough we’d be embracing a countdown to 2009 and I’d feel that “time flies” all over again.

8 comments:

david santos said...

i loved this post and this blog.
Happy day

Sen said...

Time does fly.. Christmas service seemed like yesterday to me. I remembered the candles, the skid..

But at least I know I did not let this half a year fly by in vain. It was well spent! Let's make the rest of the year better!

Sen

r FLY said...

hi zhiqi. :) wow yea, readin this made me realise indeed, half of my 2008 is spent! i should start making FULLER use of my every single day...

im glad to hear u're enjoying a fulfilling vacation! :) cos it's just so easy to let the days pass by..

Shanghai Twinning 2013 said...

the day time is longer here in munich. sun rises at about 530am and only sets at about 930pm. End of SEP soon, exams coming, i must start studying ahhhh....

Rubber Dust said...

hey rachel, i'm sure you'll make great use of your time in GERMANY!:D

senmin, i wanted to leave a comment on your photo blog but couldnt. the photo you took is so......serene and peaceful, like the world stopped for a moment for that shot.

guan, anyway u're gonna SU everything what. go and play la!??!

Anonymous said...

talking about christmas service, it totally reminds me of burnt hair haha.

MEILING said...

i cant wait for christmas!! :D this year, you will clap your hands in tune.

Rubber Dust said...

oh yeah, haha burnt hair smell now goes together with christmas!

yes, maybe, after 1 year of practice? : )