Work-in-Progress

[Hunting for a good quote]

Sunday, September 23, 2007

No more melodrama


I have washed my hands clean off sticky situations and let me document this in this space as a reminder to myself that I am living by the mantra: yesterday no more. In retrospect, I feel like an overgrown teenager, dealing with petty, immaterial problems and being so overwhelmed by them, so much so that I have lost sight of the bigger picture.

It is a good that that it is recess week, today is a Sunday and it just poured in the morning. There is only one word that is playing through in my mind now and there are all these signs reminding me: Rebirth. I must not over emphasize agony, because it is not something that deserves romanticization. Like these raindrops that come and go, I am awake and far away from distractions. The new week is going to be exciting, I can feel it. There are these projects to be completed that I am genuinely interested in, ploughing through readings that I enjoy and feeling happy that I am stimulated by school.

There will be no more black-and-white moments, wasted tears and excruciating confusion. There will be a renewed appreciation of forgotten things in life, visible and invisible, feeling a breeze evaporating perspiration on my neck, squinting in the sun, stepping into a shop and having a favourite song played, tasting the smell of chlorine on my lips after a swim. In these limitless and personal possessions, there is nothing but comfort.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah go rubberdust!:) -ml

elevenztwelve@gmail.com said...

I'll back you up on this!

Anonymous said...

jiayou! =)

Rubber Dust said...

gosh thank you, you guys are great. i felt so touched when i checked my inbox and saw all these comments from you all.: ))

Anonymous said...

You know, i was reading up on evolution and apparently, there;s nothing really old about the human body. Cells die everyday, most of what we have today are less than 9 years old. I guess change and renewal is that essential to life and perhaps, like evolution, its actually what keeps us alive.

PS
cells that refuse to die become cancer. Interesting isnt it?

-Joshua, Still the original hugger

Anonymous said...

jiayou jiayou jiayou!!!! :D

Harrison said...

Self-pity is the luxury of those who refuse to believe they can change. We are all guilty of that indulgence - and the fatalism of that myth seems to allow us to comfortably blame our mistakes as inherent and therefore 'inevitable' - at some point in time, but to grow habituated in that exercise of self-pity is to endanger self-esteem, which is difficult to reverse.

The state of jaded-ness is bound to arrive, but the trick is how to renew and sustain your interest in it. Remind yourself why you are pursuing it, remind yourself why you fell in love with it in the first place, and partake in the simple delights that escape our perceptions.

Feel alive! No day but today.

Rubber Dust said...

hello joshua, funny how you can link change to cells. and it IS cool how change is happening everyday in varied forms, and even something as neglected as cells, is changing too! how's recess week?

HX! hello hello: )thanks. how are you? how's work? any new plans?: )

tonight's a hey-there-delilah night for me: )the song is addictive! harrison, yes, here's to all the days and nights we felt alive. how was JBJ!!

Anonymous said...

joshua the original hugger says

The song for today is "Monster" by automatic or something like that.

Anyway, :) eat more donuts because FAT is the new PINK! woohoo!
( u know when that day comes, i will be so hawt )

another mindless comment..from me.

Something Small Thinking Big said...

Hey mom! Support you in all your decisions! Jiayou! (:

Anonymous said...

In addition, some cancer cells are immortal (that is if there is enough food and living conditions are good). Google HeLa cell.

Someone shoot the scientific me.

Anyway, take care zq.

elevenztwelve@gmail.com said...

I watched JBJ!

Pam Oei's awesome =)

Charles Sng said...

No matter what you had walked out of, I am happy that you have emerged stronger and happier :)

And rebirth don't happen only once sometimes, it could be a cycle too, so that we can be born again and again ;)

Anonymous said...

Wee!!! more nietzche at work!

Zhiqi pls update soon.
I want to read about donuts and delilah.

-The Original Hugger